playSMS is a web application for managing users, credits, features, routes and gateways, for sending and receiving SMS. playSMS is not an actual SMS gateway, it cannot send or receive SMS by itself. It needs another application or service, SMS gateway or gateway for short, to actually send and receive SMS. Twilio is one of those SMS gateway.
playSMS uses plugins for various functions and one of them is for handling those SMS gateways. Gateway Plugin in playSMS is referred to plugin that handles actions such as sending and receiving SMS for playSMS from/to actual SMS gateway.
In this article I will explain how to configure a Gateway Plugin Twilio to connect playSMS with SMS service in Twilio.
Continue reading “Gateway Plugin Twilio”
Webservices API got extended for admin tasks, thanks to sponsors. Click here for sponsorship information.
Recently added several new operations to do administrative tasks for playSMS through its webservices API. Added operations are for admin level account only. You will need to use admin’s credentials to authenticate an operation.
- webservices API for admin to inject message into the system (as if its an incoming SMS)
- webservices API for admin to add an account
- webservices API for admin to remove an account
- webservices API for admin to set parent for subuser
- webservices API for admin to get parent for subuser
- webservices API for admin to ban an account
- webservices API for admin to unban an account
- webservices API for admin to update an account preferences, includes changing password
- webservices API for admin to update an account configuration, includes changing sender ID (valid sender ID only)
- webservices API for admin to view an account credit
- webservices API for admin to add an account credit
- webservices API for admin to credit an account credit
Updated documentation about this can be viewed here:
Please visit below link to discuss more about this:
More and more users using playSMS, and some of them ask about whether or not playSMS provides HTTP API. Well the answer is YES. Its been there quite sometime actually, it is called playSMS Webservices API.
For those PHP developers, you can also try to use PHP class specifically implements playSMS Webservices API. Read about it here: http://antonraharja.com/2014/04/28/playsms-webservices-class/