Example of how to use SMS custom, a feature of playSMS provided by plugin SMS custom for accessing external script on remote URL to get proper SMS response.
Visit here to view example and discuss it:
Try it on your own playSMS server, or use playSMS demo and menu Settings -> Simulate incoming SMS to simulate incoming SMS and the result.
Catching up 1.0 final version, an rc7 has been released. I need you to check them out, see if it has minimum bugs. No bugs would be our aim.
Highlight in this version are listed below.
We are happy to announce that playSMS app for Android is now available on Google Play Store.
I know its too fast, rc5 just released a few days ago But, this is an important release, so please update your recently updated playSMS installation.
Highlight in 1.0-rc6:
- fix #363 if rate == credit balance then no charging and SMS sent
- fix issue with enable credit unicode SMS as normal SMS
- fix sendsms_throttle_isoverlimit() logic which previously prevented playSMS to send SMS
- fix #NAME# template not changed or incorrectly resolved on message sent by SMS schedule plugin
- add new language danish da_DK translation
- add keyword separator option to replace the default space
Get it, see it demo live, discuss it in.. you know the drill ^^
Another release candidate version is now available, instead of official one
Official 1.0.0 will not be released until I squashed all the reported issues.
See the demo here.
Get it from here.
Discuss about it here.
Webservices API got extended for admin tasks, thanks to sponsors. Click here for sponsorship information.
Recently added several new operations to do administrative tasks for playSMS through its webservices API. Added operations are for admin level account only. You will need to use admin’s credentials to authenticate an operation.
- webservices API for admin to inject message into the system (as if its an incoming SMS)
- webservices API for admin to add an account
- webservices API for admin to remove an account
- webservices API for admin to set parent for subuser
- webservices API for admin to get parent for subuser
- webservices API for admin to ban an account
- webservices API for admin to unban an account
- webservices API for admin to update an account preferences, includes changing password
- webservices API for admin to update an account configuration, includes changing sender ID (valid sender ID only)
- webservices API for admin to view an account credit
- webservices API for admin to add an account credit
- webservices API for admin to credit an account credit
Updated documentation about this can be viewed here:
Please visit below link to discuss more about this:
playSMS version 1.0 will be released when its ready. In the mean time you may get the latest development release, or master release for short, from playSMS official Git repository hosted at GitHub.
To get the master release you may use instructions explained in this URL:
If you have any questions, please post in the forum instead.
More and more users using playSMS, and some of them ask about whether or not playSMS provides HTTP API. Well the answer is YES. Its been there quite sometime actually, it is called playSMS Webservices API.
For those PHP developers, you can also try to use PHP class specifically implements playSMS Webservices API. Read about it here: http://antonraharja.com/2014/04/28/playsms-webservices-class/
I want to let everyone knows that now playSMS is licensed under version 3 of GNU General Public License.
Particularly after this commit: 35a3cc8f.
My intention has never changed. I want to make sure that the contribution back to the community. Every modification should be available to public so that original contributors and others may gain something positive from it.
I believe this is the right way to do. playSMS should be useful to anyone using it, and I do hope when you modify it you also thought of many contribution made by others to the software which make the software useful to you, thus contribute back.
For your information, IANAL. Please consult with them who understand licensing, especially open source licenses.
Anyway, this is actually not a big deal for some. But if you think it is, let me know, give some comments here. Would love to get some insight about licensing and stuffs around it.
Detail information about the license can be found in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html. A brief information about the license can also be found here http://www.tldrlegal.com/l/GPL3.
Thanks for using playSMS.
Anton Raharja, founder.
There are in total 8 language translations available in current playSMS.
- Catalan (Spain) ca_CA
- Deutsch (Deutschland) de_DE
- English (United States) en_US
- Spanish (Venezuela) es_VE
- French (France) fr_FR
- Indonesian (Indonesia) id_ID
- Portuguese (Brazil) pt_BR
- Russian (Russia) ru_RU
- Chinese (China) zh_CN
When user or admin activate one of them, sometime they saw changes on displayed text, but on some language no changes made. I’ve seen questions like this asked by playSMS users.