Just released. It has lots of bug fixes and several interesting enhancements, including some major changes.
Some of the highlights:
- Using PHP session
- Installer script for Ubuntu users
- Web Services to respond in JSON and XML format
- Web Services to authenticate using a token instead of username and password, with IP limit
- Search boxes
- Export SMSes, save it to a CSV file
- Reply from receiver straight to user’s Inbox (no need to use @user)
- Broadcast from mobile using #<phonebook group> instead of BC <phonebook group>
- To all #IT group members, please come to meeting room
- Hi #GOLD #SILVER members, you can get more bonus by purchasing more!
Read full changelog here.
Grab it from SourceForge: download
This version contains only a fix to a security bug in inc/app/webservices.php. Users installing playSMS 0.9.7 or 0.9.7.1 are encouraged to upgrade their installation as soon as possible. playSMS version prior to 0.9.7 are not affected.
A quick workaround to fix the bug is by removing inc/app/webservices.php immediately. See this for detail.
You may get playSMS 0.9.7.2 from our download page.
I found this documentation straight forward, easy to follow: http://www.visibilityspots.com/sms-server/
I haven’t actually test it, but I think it should work with recent playSMS, except when you use playSMS 0.9.7.1 you need to also copy sendsmsd* from contrib along with playsmsd*.
Berikut adalah file backup untuk Bahasa Indonesia pada playSMS version 0.9.7.1
playsms-language-id_ID-backup.tar (telah diperbaharui pagi ini 7.50 oleh Hangs Breaker)
Yang tertarik untuk kontribusi silakan download file diatas, extract lalu edit file2 berekstensi po (messages.po). Edit terjemahan yang kurang tepat, salah atau tidak konsisten. Juga tambahkan terjemahan untuk kata-kata yang berlum diterjemahkan.
Setelah rapi kirim ke email saya antonrd at gmail dot com.
Sebagai rasa terima kasih, akan saya tuliskan nama anda pada bagian Contributor. Sementara hanya ini yang bisa saya berikan
2 Days ago we have just released playSMS version 0.9.7 (lots of changes since 0.9.6, you should read). But since I found something serious, I thought it won’t matter if I just release another one. Next time I will provide a patch instead of releasing whole new version when changes are not much, even when they’re important.
Security bug has been fixed in this release. The bug allows a non-admin user to upload a CSV file with username field filled with other user’s username and playSMS allows the process to continue.
This release is a security release. It is highly recommended for users to download and use this version immediately.
Download playSMS version 0.9.7.1 now.
After 2 beta versions, finally tonight playSMS version 0.9.7 is released.
There are many bug fixes, updates and major changes included in this version. Therefore it is highly recommended for users to upgrade their playSMS. Please note that the upgrade only available from version 0.9.6, so you need to upgrade your old playSMS to at least version 0.9.6 first before upgrade it to 0.9.7.
Highlights in this version are as follow:
- All SMS submitted from web UI, webservices or plugins are queued in database first and then processed by external daemon application. I believe this improvement will solve issues related to bulk SMS sending, like sending an SMS to 5000 contacts from web at one time.
- Raw incoming SMS text now can be accessed by plugins, as it is brought to hooks from function setsmsincomingaction. This function is the central function, the gate to playSMS, in receiving SMS.
- Issues related to quote or single quote, or addslahes() and stripslashes() have been fixed. playSMS also now assumed that PHP magic_quotes_gpc option is set to Off, which is recommended.
- Using smstools3 is as good as using Kannel, playSMS now able to get the status report of Delivered when using gateway module smstools. playSMS also make copies of raw smstools3 files for other external application or simply for later readings, like for debugging.
- Kannel gateway module equipped with a simple text editor to edit kannel.conf, and a restart button for Kannel. This makes certain admin jobs easier.
- Character counter in web UI and also in simplerate has been fixed. This counter took care of unicode or not, multi-part SMS or single SMS correctly.
- Easier coding for scripts used with playSMS plugin SMS command and SMS custom. playSMS will capture the response of a script executed by SMS command or a URL accessed by SMS custom, and then directly send the response as reply to original sender.
You may download the release from the download page: http://www.playsms/download. Read more »
Just want to let you know there’s a website you might want to take a look.. if you speak French
Sedang browsing2 nemu link ini. Tulisannya cukup jelas dan isinya sepertinya benar (tapi saya belum mencobanya).
URL tutorial: http://kasrut.blogspot.com/2011/07/install-playsms-and-kannel-on-centos-6.html
Sedikit aja di-edit pada bagian instalasi playSMS nya:
tar zxvf playsms-0.9.5.2.tar.gz -C /usr/local/src/
mkdir -p /opt/lampp/htdocs/playsms
mkdir -p /var/spool/playsms
mkdir -p /var/log/playsms
cp -rR * /opt/lampp/htdocs/playsms/
/opt/lampp/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p create playsms
/opt/lampp/bin/mysql -u root -p playsms < /usr/local/src/playsms-9.5.2/db/playsms.sql
cp playsmsd playsmsd_start playsmsd.php /usr/local/bin
cp playsms /etc/default/
Sebagai catatan, tutorial ini juga bisa dijadikan acuan untuk instalasi playSMS versi selanjutnya pada platform yang sama dan mungkin dengan modem2 lainnya selain Huawei E220.
Semoga tidak salah paste URL, dan ini adalah URL dari penulis aslinya (maklum tutorial playSMS banyak artikel dan URL isinya bisa sama alias copas2an).
Hmm.. new languages, new plugins, bug fixes.. here.. and there.. that’s it!, playSMS 0.9.6.
These are changes made in 0.9.6:
- MAJOR: move SMS sender ID logic in sendsms() and it hooks to sendsms_get_sender() (anton)
- MAJOR: all ‘mobile’ terms that are related to sending SMS are replaced by ‘sender’ (anton)
- MAJOR: all old ‘sender’ terms that are related to sending SMS are replaced by ‘footer’ (anton)
- add new language Catalan (ca_ES) (aseques)
- add new language Spanish (es_VE) (alfredo)
- add new function: sendsms_get_sender() to get effective SMS Sender ID (anton)
- add new options in preferences: sender and footer (anton)
- add new plugin: message template, replace word templates with phonebook related data (anton)
- add new plugin: send SMS by uploading a list in a CSV file (anton)
- add new plugin: inbox group (anton)
- add new theme ‘play’ (ajiwo)
- add new option for user to select active language (aseques)
- add new option for admin to select default language (aseques)
- add gpname2gpid() in simplephonebook/fn.php (emmanuel)
- add webservices type of action (ta=cr) to get user’s credit (anton)
- remove address and country from required field on user management (anton)
- remove mobile field from required field on user preferences and management (anton)
- regression: remove addslashes in sendsms() and add stripslashes when fwd to email (anton)
- replace $sms_datetime in several plugins to $datetime_now (anton)
- replace term ‘Receiver’ with ‘To’ (anton)
- replace term ‘Sender’ with ‘From’ (anton)
- sendsms() is considered low level, use sendsms_pv() on plugins (anton)
- update FAQ, reformat and fix typos (anton)
- update Clickatell’s doc (aseques)
- update Clickatell’s API URL to HTTPS (aseques)
- fix .po and .mo files, remove duplicated strings and add charset info (aseques)
- fix SMS footer display on user and all outgoing page (anton)
- fix gateway msgtoolbox, unable to properly save message ID on incoming SMS (anton)
- fix $sms_datetime for display purposes on some plugins using core_display_datetime() (anton)
- fix #3414232 sms_poll log table missing datetime field (anton)
- fix #3479182 spaces leading a message break keyword parsing (jeremymueller)
Do you know that an FAQ is available for playSMS ?
FAQ, Frequently Asked Question, is a page full of questions and their answers. Those questions are the most common questions asked by many users previously, or simply what the developer thinks the users will ask The aim for having an FAQ is (among others) to get users or visitors have enough information to start working with the project.
FAQ is included within the source code. When you have installed playSMS properly and you’re able to login to the web admin you will see a button for FAQ.
FAQ also available to browse at this location: https://github.com/antonraharja/playSMS/blob/master/web/docs/FAQ