Version 0.9.5.2 adds two additional plugin in tools, they are: pvat and xlate. Both new plugin demonstrate how to intercept an incoming SMS and do anything we need with that, and of course returns something we want. First plugin, pvat, will intercept incoming SMS and scan for special format @<username> <messages> and then modify it to become PV <username> <messages>. Once done intercepting, pvat will returns that modified message to core function that actually handle SMS.
For example, a sender sent a message to playSMS 0.9.5.2, a message like this: @anton dude your application works. The plugin will scan and process it, change the message to: PV anton dude your application works. Once modified and returned to core function, the rest of the process is to handle a PV message, that is to save the message in username’s inbox and forward it to username’s email, in this case the username is anton.
Second plugin, xlate, will intercept incoming SMS and scan for special format: @<from language>2<to language> <words/sentences>. For example, a sender want to quickly translate “I love you” to Italian phrase. In this case sender should send SMS to playSMS 0.9.5.2 like this: @en2it I love you. Once received and intercepted, xlate will utilize Google Translate to translate “I love you” to Italian phrase, and returns “Ti amo” to sender.
More example to come :)
Important changes in playSMS 0.9.5.2 is actually date/time adjustment. A timezone settings is added to this version to overcome problems when an SMS gateway is not in the same location (or timezone) with playSMS. For example, if you use default kannel like from most distros, kannel will handle all date/time as GMT+0 timezone, which mean playSMS will receive SMS in GMT+0 as well. This situation is not what most playSMS users wanted.
These are changes in version 0.9.5.2:
- MAJOR: all SMS date/time will be adjusted to GMT+0 in database
- MAJOR: themes structure changed, for example loginpage.php to page_login.php
- add method to modify parameters in interceptincomingsms() and interceptsmstoinbox()
- add new $app handler ‘page’ to access certain (custom) pages from themes
- add timezone settings
- add new tools pvat, replace keyword @<username> with PV <username>
- add new tools xlate, utilized google translate API to translate words
- add new form, registration form page, allow public to register an account
- add new form, forgot password form page, recover forgottent password
- add option in main configuration to disable/enable public registration
- add option in main configuration to disable/enable recover password
- add option in main configuration to fill default user credit for registration
- remove manual refresh, this menu may give unexpected results
- fix #3095609 XSS issue (security hole)
- fix #3095660 should be switch()
- fix #3097366 str_replace issue
5 thoughts on “playSMS version 0.9.5.2 has been released”
this is great! thanks for the effort, Anton :)
I have been testing xlate tool. Please look the response I receive it two time:
@En2fr i love you => je t'aime
om anton…..minta alamat emailnya dong…….kirim ke emailku yah..thx
i know how we set up the sms serviv=ce in int
Oom anton. Minta email/ym nya yah. Aku ada project. Thx
Comments are closed.