Why Texts Are Not Translated

There are in total 8 language translations available in current playSMS.

They are:

  • Catalan (Spain) ca_CA
  • Deutsch (Deutschland) de_DE
  • English (United States) en_US
  • Spanish (Venezuela) es_VE
  • French (France) fr_FR
  • Indonesian (Indonesia) id_ID
  • Portuguese (Brazil) pt_BR
  • Russian (Russia) ru_RU
  • Chinese (China) zh_CN

When user or admin activate one of them, sometime they saw changes on displayed text, but on some language no changes made. I’ve seen questions like this asked by playSMS users.

These are steps a Linux admin need to take to enable multi-language support in playSMS:

$ sudo su -
# apt-get install language-pack-id language-pack-de language-pack-ca language-pack-es language-pack-pt language-pack-fr language-pack-zh-hant language-pack-ru
# /etc/init.d/apache restart


  1. I use Ubuntu. I became root (or you can login as root if that possible)
  2. I installed language-pack-xx files
  3. I restart web server

That’s it. By now your playSMS should be multi-language.

QA here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s