There are in total 8 language translations available in current playSMS.
- Catalan (Spain) ca_CA
- Deutsch (Deutschland) de_DE
- English (United States) en_US
- Spanish (Venezuela) es_VE
- French (France) fr_FR
- Indonesian (Indonesia) id_ID
- Portuguese (Brazil) pt_BR
- Russian (Russia) ru_RU
- Chinese (China) zh_CN
When user or admin activate one of them, sometime they saw changes on displayed text, but on some language no changes made. I’ve seen questions like this asked by playSMS users.
These are steps a Linux admin need to take to enable multi-language support in playSMS:
$ sudo su -
# apt-get install language-pack-id language-pack-de language-pack-ca language-pack-es language-pack-pt language-pack-fr language-pack-zh-hant language-pack-ru
# /etc/init.d/apache restart
- I use Ubuntu. I became root (or you can login as root if that possible)
- I installed language-pack-xx files
- I restart web server
That’s it. By now your playSMS should be multi-language.