Finally, playSMS version 1.0 has been released. No party, no nothing, this would be yet another playSMS release. But, there are a lot of things added, removed, changed, fixed in this version since 0.9.9.2.
You might want to test first on demo page.
Install and upgrade instructions will be added in playSMS Book Project.
Get it from download page.
This version is marked as the last Release Candidates version for 1.0.
Let’s move on ^^
From now on I will be updating documents, preparing upgrade manuals and do some small small little things for a 1.0 release. If there are still any bugs found, we will fix them in 1.0, unless of course its a nasty one and need immediate action.
Continue reading “The last RC version for 1.0 has been released, 1.0-rc9”
Catching up 1.0 final version, an rc7 has been released. I need you to check them out, see if it has minimum bugs. No bugs would be our aim.
Highlight in this version are listed below.
Continue reading “playSMS version 1.0-rc7 has been released”
We are happy to announce that playSMS app for Android is now available on Google Play Store.
Continue reading “playSMS app for Android”
Webservices API got extended for admin tasks, thanks to sponsors. Click here for sponsorship information.
Recently added several new operations to do administrative tasks for playSMS through its webservices API. Added operations are for admin level account only. You will need to use admin’s credentials to authenticate an operation.
- webservices API for admin to inject message into the system (as if its an incoming SMS)
- webservices API for admin to add an account
- webservices API for admin to remove an account
- webservices API for admin to set parent for subuser
- webservices API for admin to get parent for subuser
- webservices API for admin to ban an account
- webservices API for admin to unban an account
- webservices API for admin to update an account preferences, includes changing password
- webservices API for admin to update an account configuration, includes changing sender ID (valid sender ID only)
- webservices API for admin to view an account credit
- webservices API for admin to add an account credit
- webservices API for admin to credit an account credit
Updated documentation about this can be viewed here:
Please visit below link to discuss more about this:
I want to let everyone knows that now playSMS is licensed under version 3 of GNU General Public License.
Particularly after this commit: 35a3cc8f.
My intention has never changed. I want to make sure that the contribution back to the community. Every modification should be available to public so that original contributors and others may gain something positive from it.
I believe this is the right way to do. playSMS should be useful to anyone using it, and I do hope when you modify it you also thought of many contribution made by others to the software which make the software useful to you, thus contribute back.
For your information, IANAL. Please consult with them who understand licensing, especially open source licenses.
Anyway, this is actually not a big deal for some. But if you think it is, let me know, give some comments here. Would love to get some insight about licensing and stuffs around it.
Detail information about the license can be found in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html. A brief information about the license can also be found here http://www.tldrlegal.com/l/GPL3.
Thanks for using playSMS.
Anton Raharja, founder.
Just released. It has lots of bug fixes and several interesting enhancements, including some major changes.
Some of the highlights:
- Using PHP session :)
- Installer script for Ubuntu users
- Web Services to respond in JSON and XML format
- Web Services to authenticate using a token instead of username and password, with IP limit
- Search boxes
- Export SMSes, save it to a CSV file
- Reply from receiver straight to user’s Inbox (no need to use @user)
- Broadcast from mobile using #<phonebook group> instead of BC <phonebook group>
- To all #IT group members, please come to meeting room
- Hi #GOLD #SILVER members, you can get more bonus by purchasing more!
Read full changelog here.
Grab it from SourceForge: download